Friday, October 15, 2010

Vegas.

Ahhhh Vegas...  My husband and I spent so much time there and had built so many memories there.  The 1st half of our honeymoon was in Vegas and we had traveled there annually for our birthdays.  This time, my in-laws decided they wanted to take us all to Vegas for a family vacation.  Vegas?  With the family?  Let's go!  It just so happened that this particular trip was planned around our insemination...  and we would be there for the last few days of our 2WW.  And we would be there the day I was supposed to start my period.  To be completely honest I was actually a little worried about going this time.  In my mind I didn't want anything "bad" to happen in a place where I had so many happy memories.  I couldn't help but wonder how incredibly upset, sad and depressed I would be if I started my period in a place where celebration was expected.  I basically what if'd myself like crazy.  blah.

After the insemination my husband and I went to lunch and spent the evening with our friends, the ones who had helped us thru our false pregnancy test the month before.  All I could do was focus on how much "different" I felt this time.  I couldn't tell what that meant so I didn't try to over analyze it...  obviously that wasn't easy.

We left for Vegas on July 10th and I was supposed to start my period on Friday, July 14th.  To keep with the optimistic view I was trying desperately to hold onto, I packed 3 hpt's to take with us.  I felt better having them on me, rather than going to buy one when we arrived.  The week of the 10th, the week we left for Vegas, my breasts were so sore and painful.  Again, a bad sign as far as I was concerned.  

It was no secret that this was one of the most important weeks of our lives and when Thursday, the 13th rolled around it was clear I was nervous.  And distracted.  I wound up planning a wonderful day of relaxation and health with my sister-in-law.  We headed out Thursday morning for a 7am Sunrise Yoga class.  The instructor of our class was 7-months pregnant...  a good sign?!?  After our invigorating and wonderful yoga class I decided to follow my sister-in-law's lead and treated myself to a massage.  We had some time before our massages so we sat and had some tea and then decided to get in a quick 20-minute walking work-out on the treadmills.  The massage was the icing on the cake and I was feeling pretty relaxed.  My mind set had calmed and I was ready to go about the rest of our day.  We spent some time in the steam room and whirlpools, optimistically I only put my feet in, and then indulged in a delicious and  healthy lunch.  To keep with the tone of our morning we decided to attend a lecture on healthy eating habits and how to stay healthy when going out to eat.   Why not, right? 

Aside from our amazingly relaxing morning and afternoon and the fact that I was attempting to not drown my thoughts in what was potentially going to happen the next day, I did have a moment of reality and told my sister-in-law that I should go buy tampons.  I hadn't packed any because before we left for our trip I tried to buy some and after going to three different stores and coming up empty handed, (they were all out!) I gave up.  That was something that had never happened to me.  Another good sign?  Maybe?!?  Sooo...  off to Walgreen's or some local drug store we went and you're never gonna guess.  Yep, they were out too!  What was going on???  How is it possible that four drug stores who always carry my tampons were out?  I took that as a good sign and did not go anywhere else to try to find them. 

Thursday night was here and it was only a matter of time before I would have to go to bed and wake up to face Friday, the 14th.  What was I in for?  Only time would tell...

1 comment: