Friday, October 22, 2010

40 Weeks.

It was Friday, March 23rd - My "official" due date - and we headed to my OB's office for our regularly scheduled visit.  My MIL had come into town and so she accompanied us to the office.  I was 40 weeks, exactly.  

We did the normal blood pressure check, etc. and I had casually mentioned that I was growing concerned at the lack of movement I was feeling the night before, (nights were my baby girls busiest - she was a mover and a shaker for sure!).  He checked on a few things and told me he wanted to put me on a Fetal Heart Monitor for a little bit...  I said ok.  Aside from it being normal to check my uterus, cervix and placenta during ultrasounds, I remembered how at previous appointments he was always sure to double and triple check my fluid levels and placenta placement because there was always and forever a concern about my vanishing twin.  I wasn't aware then of what I'm aware of now...  and of the potential things that could go wrong due to late term absorption (that's AbSORPtion, in case you may have read that wrong).  Which is what happened with us. 

After monitoring the baby and I for a period of time my OB came in and told us that he was concerned about my fluid levels and the slowing of baby movement and he thought it best to admit me that night for an induction, (He told us a few other things, but the truth is I just don't remember - the moment he mention induction it kind of all went blurry - and we agreed to go for it).  I didn't know any better and I was actually happy at the idea of scheduling an induction.  I just wanted to meet my baby.  And that was all I was thinking about.  Well, that and listening to my OB's recommendations.  He knew best, as far as I was concerned.

We left the office, went to lunch and then went home to get everything ready to come back to the hospital later that night.  He asked that we come back and check in at 10pm.  We had a light dinner and off to the hospital we went.  I had informed every member of my family and all my friends that we were off to have a baby!!!!!!!  I was anxious, excited, scared, ecstatic, all of the above.  I was so close to actually meeting and holding my baby...  It was all very surreal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment