Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Invisible Twin...

For the most part I felt like I was having a "normal" pregnancy.  I welcomed every little symptom with open arms.  A little nausea here, a little tiredness there.  I took them all with pride.  

We went back for our 2nd ultrasound on August 8, 2006.  During the ultrasound my OB casually informed us "there were 2, but now, there is only 1".  I didn't know what to make of it...  What happened to my baby?  My OB explained to us that we had what is commonly referred to as a Vanishing Twin. Of course my thoughts went to, "What did I do wrong?"  Of course he told me it wasn't anything I did.  The 2nd embryo just didn't develop past those 1st few weeks and I was reassured that still had one very healthy developing embryo.  The vanished twin would supposedly "disappear" and most likely reabsorb back into my body.  Oh thank goodness I wasn't going to bleed or miscarry it.  That was my main fear.

I was a little sad at first...  And I did cry a bit.  I had, had a beautiful dream where I was holding a baby boy in my arms and it was very peaceful.  I took that as a sign that the twin was a boy and my dream was God's way of letting me say good bye.  And I felt at peace.  I went home celebrating my healthy developing baby.  My strong survivor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment