Monday, October 18, 2010

The Results.

Ready I was and when I glanced over at the test I couldn't help but do a double take... 

What?!?  Doth my eyes deceive me?  Is it possible?  Is it real?  I saw two lines.  Not one...  two very visible lines.  I had to stop and take a moment to figure out how to process what was actually happening.  What I had in front of me was a sight I had been dreaming about seeing for a very very long time.  Do I actually say it out loud now?  Am I aloud to finally say those words I've been dying to say?  I wasn't prepared for how I was going to tell my husband. I gave up on having that "moment" of walking into the room where he was sitting and telling him the wonderful news.  And here I was.  I was there.  At that moment.  I had my very 1st positive pregnancy test ever.  I....  I... I'm...  I'm...  p...re...g...nant.  And I said it quietly to myself before walking out to tell my husband.  I wanted him to be the 1st to know. 

I walked out of the bathroom and set the test stick on the sink behind the faucet so I could walk over to get my husband.  He was in his parents room (adjoining room) and his sister was in their bathroom.  At the very moment I walked over and told my husband I needed to talk to him, my SIL walked out of the bathroom saying she needed soap to wash her hands...  so she started walking over to our bathroom!  It was quite comical at that point and I rushed past her to grab the test to show him first.  Of course she saw me grab it and as she excitedly said, "Are you????"  I stood in front of him with my back to my SIL and held up the test.  He saw it and said, "what does it mean!?!?!??!"   I told him to read it...  And with that his face lit up and he yelled, "yay!"  We just hugged and he held me so tight.  We ran into the room next door to tell his parents.  His mom hugged me and at that point I still felt like I was in so much shock I couldn't even cry.  I just had so many thoughts running thru my mind...  so many wonderful, joyous, loving thoughts.  With this amazing news we headed out for a fabulous dinner.  Everything from here on out was fabulous.  No matter what.  Why?  Because...  I was pregnant.  I was finally pregnant. 

I felt like I was floating on clouds...  My face must have had a permanent smile on it cause my cheeks started to get sore.   After dinner we went back to the hotel and I took another test, just for fun (can you imagine?) and once again those magical little lines appeared.  Almost immediately.

By total coincidence my sister and niece were in Vegas as well so naturally I had to call them to tell them to come visit us and fast!!!  While I waited for them I called my mom and my other sister to share with them the amazing news.  When they arrived I showed them the test and we all hugged.  Happiness was in abundance, all around.  Seeing my family so happy and hearing their excitement only made my heart warmer.  I couldn't stop touching my belly.

That day/evening was one of the absolute best of my life.  I was carrying my husbands baby in my belly.  I was pregnant.  And I went to bed that evening with the same big fat smile on my face.  Cheeks sore n' all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment