Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Our Return To Normalcy.

We were given the results that our amnio came back "normal" and the excess levels of protein were indeed a result of the "vanishing twin"... not yet vanishing.  I gotta tell you...  My expectations were that the embryo would reabsorb quickly and I wouldn't have to worry about it again.  That didn't happen.  Clearly.  It wasn't a very pleasant reminder so I just tried my best to focus on my growing and developing baby. 

Since they had the amniotic fluid they went ahead and tested for any and all Chromosomal Abnormalities and fortunately they all came back negative.  Our baby was doing great and we were well on our way to continuing a happy and healthy pregnancy. Thank you, God. 

They were also able to 100% without a doubt confirm the sex of our baby...  And we wanted to know for sure!!  

We found out we were having a girl.  A teeny tiny baby girl was growing in my belly and we couldn't be happier.  With every movement, every kick, every roll I would rub my tummy and smile.  My husband and I talked to her, we took pictures of my growing belly and we even took some video of her moving.  We wanted to capture every moment.  

It got to the point where certain foods would make me sicker than others so I restricted my diet pretty much to a vegan one.  Cow's milk was proven to potentially cause sinus headaches for me and meat made me sick so giving it all up was no problem.  Any sickness I was feeling in the beginning was subsiding and I felt great.  Sure, I was tired...  sure, I was swollen...  sure, I was sick here and there.  But, I was pregnant.  And nothing was going to get me down about it.  NOTHING.  My body was home to a living, breathing little being...  a little being that we had prayed and hoped for and I welcomed any symptom that came my way.  Happily :) 

Here is the ultrasound picture of our baby girl from the day of our Amnio - 


Gorgeous, right?  We thought so.  :)

Our EDD (estimated due date) was March 23rd, 2007.  We continued to visit our OB on a regular basis and I was a good girl about taking my prenatal vitamins.   And after all of what we had been through, we were finally able to just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.  

No comments:

Post a Comment