Monday, October 18, 2010

The Morning After.

Saturday, July 15th, 2006...  The day after I was supposed to start my period.  This was the 1st time I had gone a day past my supposed start date and had not taken an hpt.  I just didn't think I could do it...  So I let Friday pass me by without taking a test.  

I woke up Saturday morning and went to the bathroom.  NOTHING.  No period and no signs of it to come.  I got up and we all got ready for the day.  I didn't care about what plans we had.  There was only one thing on my mind. 

Throughout the day I found myself having to pee frequently...  I began to try my best to not even think about it.  I couldn't let myself.  Things were starting to actually look like maybe something might be up...  and that is the closest I came to the thought of actually being pregnant in 2 years.  I wasn't about to let myself immediately believe it, only to be incredibly disappointed moments later. 

Evening rolled around and we all decided to go back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.  I had a moment to myself while my husband and IL's were getting ready.  I felt the urge to pee, again, and by that point I was physically unable to wait any longer.  I had to know.  I secretly grabbed a test and went to the bathroom...  this was always a moment I was both excited about and dreaded.  All the "what ifs" crowded my mind.  I pee'd on the stick, set it down and refused to look at it.  I sat up to get dressed, only seconds later, and couldn't help but glance over. The moment of truth was upon me and once again I had to decide if I was ready for the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment