Thursday, October 14, 2010

Round 2.

Round 2...

Since I started my period on a Sunday, I had to wait til Monday to call my OB.  When I spoke with him he immediately called in another prescription of Clomid for me to begin taking on Tuesday, day 3.  He asked that we come in to see him on the following Thursday (June 29th-day 12) to do the ultrasound.  I wound up taking the entire day off from work because I also had an appt. to see my allergist (both my allergist and my OB work out of the same building) that same day.  It was a total coincidence that I scheduled those appts. on the same day - they didn't have anything to do with one another.  Anyway... 

At our appt. and during our ultrasound the power in the office went out.  It was very weird.  And one thing you should all know about me is that I believe I have a spiritual connection with "the other side".  I also believe that I have my very own ghost who follows me around.  Sooooo, when that happened I took it as a sign, a good sign, that my ghost was there and talking to me.  Telling me that everything would work out.  (I'll save the "ghost" story for another blog - ;)

My OB rebooted the ultrasound machine once the power "surge" was over and he proceeded to tell us what he saw.  He said that this time he saw TWO follicles, measuring at 18.9 and 19.5mm.  He then determined that my date of ovulation would most likely be on Friday (the next day) so we would be coming back to his office, rather than the Center, for our insemination.  While I wasn't concerned about going back to the Nurse Practitioner at SCRC, I was relieved to hear that my OB would be the one doing the procedure.

He told us that his nurse would be coming in shortly to administer my HCG injection and then asked us back to his office to discuss how it would work this time around.  He told us that we would have to go to SCRC first where they would perform the "semen wash" and then we had to...  eek...  drive back to his office for the insemination!  Whaaaaaat???  I felt like I was in a movie and would be one of those women sitting with "sperm" in her hand and trying desperately not to spill it!  I know that sounds gross, but it was all I could think about!!!  That is almost impossible to do, btw, but still...  nerve wrecking!!  

We arrived at the Center Friday morning, bright and early.  It took a good hour or so and then...  we were off.  On our way to my OB's office.   I was sitting in the car, looking over at my husband, glaring at him as he drove.  Every bump, every turn, every light...  It was the safest he has ever driven.  To this day.  :)  

When we finally (it was only a 15 or so minute drive, but it felt like forever!) arrived at my OB's office his nurse called us in immediately.  If y'all want to be called in right away without ever having to wait, get inseminated!  Ok, so that was my attempt at some infertility humor...  I told you all to bear with me, didn't I?  :)
My OB came into the exam room and performed another ultrasound, just to reassure us all.  His exact words were, "yep, you're going to ovulate today".  He was very optimistic, which in turn led us to be very optimistic.  

And there we were...  My husband at my side, holding my hand, and my OB performing the insemination.  Again, I was instructed to "lay down for 5 minutes" before getting up.  He then gave us one last wishful thought as he left by saying, "I'll see you in 2 weeks!"  I could only hope...!  

No comments:

Post a Comment