Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Afterglow.

I was aglow.  Overnight I had grown  a big ole' preggie belly and I needed to wear my maternity pants.  "I told you so" never felt so good to hear.  

I couldn't stop thinking about the previous 5 months and that fact that I only had about 4 months to prepare for my baby's arrival.  We estimated my due date around January 6, 2009.   I was having another baby.  As incredibly excited as we were, I was also very nervous.  How was I going to do it?  Would my baby girl be ok?  We were still nursing and I was worried about her having to "share me" with another baby.  Was I ready?  Haha, ready or not...! :-)

I had another moment of realization soon after I found out (there were many!).  All of a sudden it made sense that my milk supply had dipped so low - to almost nothing.  And that's why nursing became so sensitive!?!  At one point I was so worried about my milk supply I started drinking Mother's Milk Tea.  All along...  it was a baby in my belly.  Thank God.  Our little miracle.  And thank goodness my daughter wasn't affected at all by it.  She continued to nurse for comfort when she wanted/needed to.  For as long as she wanted/needed to.

We did miss all of the recommended 1st trimester testing, but we were in time for our 2nd trimester screen.  Here is the ultrasound picture we received at that appointment -

  
Oh sweet sweet baby boy.  
I could stare at you for hours.  
And I pretty much did.

I continued working at the baby boutique and all of a sudden my 30% discount took on a whole new meaning.  I couldn't stop looking around the store at things I wanted!  And all of our friends and family were so eager to offer any and all help we needed.  We were so lucky.  So blessed.  We had gotten what we wanted and all we had to do now was wait.  And watch my belly grow...  

No comments:

Post a Comment