Friday, September 23, 2011

"Three Is a Magic Number"

Ok, whom out there is familiar with the song from Schoolhouse Rock?  It's a favorite in our household and was pretty fitting, I thought, for the title of my next blog entry.   

I am often asked by people if I am "done" having children.  And as much as I've given short, indecisive answers here or there in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "what does that even mean?"  I never really liked the word, "done".  It's feels so... final.  

From the beginning and after I got pregnant with my daughter I told myself that I was "done" taking any kind of birth control and if we got pregnant on our own, it was meant to be.  And we did.  Twice.  Sooner than I thought it would happen and even sooner than I was "ready" for it to happen, but the moment my babies were born none of that mattered.  My heart automatically grew and the overall love in my home multiplied.  My 3 little miracles have helped to make me the person I am today.  My daughter is my strong survivor.  I call her that because of her invisible twin.  She is smart, creative, beautiful, loving and is already a little protector of her younger brothers.  She has such a caring and compassionate heart and I just love watching her grow.  My son is my challenge.  And I say that with the utmost endearment.  I love that boy more than anything in the world and his strong personality that challenges me everyday also makes me love him more and more.  He stands up for what he wants and makes his views known.  I never want him to lose that inner fire.  He is my little music lover and never passes up an opportunity to dance and sing along.  My baby boy is trying his best to keep up with his older siblings.  He is already crawling and wants so badly to get in on the fun.  He is also happy to just go with the flow.  They are all happy.  And healthy.  And they have the most infectious smiles and laughter.  They are magical and amazing to me and they represent everything good in my life.  Their smiles & laughter... their kind hearts & pure souls...  they are free and whimsical and they are a forever reminder of absolute and unconditional love and of what can be created from love. When I look at them I beam with pride.  I'm am living my life with my family and doing my very best to enjoy every single moment. 

And the next time I am asked about having more children I'm simply going to reply with... Three is a magic number.  Because it is.


When I look at this picture another song comes to mind... 

"I hear babies crying, I watch them grow.  
They'll learn much more, than I'll ever know.  
And I think to myself... What a wonderful world"

A wonderful world, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment